The Coronavirus (Covid19 or SARS-CoV-2) is a serious threat to our communities health and well being. We believe that in these uncertain and challenging times we need to help each other and be more supportive and connected.
Get & Stay Connected
People are social beings, however doing social during Covid19 requires that we temporarily be physically distant (1.5-2metres). There are several ways to do this outlined below
1) Join our “Community check in” What’s App chat line , simply contact either Ryan (0431905338) or Cipriano (0421482584) and they will add you as required.
2) https://www.facebook.com/groups/powaconnect If your are on Facebook then please message us and ask to join this newly established private chat group which can be found on the POWA Facebook page which follows https://www.facebook.com/positivewa/
3) POWA-Connect Help us stay in touch with you and explain how we can help by adding your name to our contact and alert list. We will then call you back and have a real conversation about how we can assist you or how you might offer to volunteer. POWA-Connect
Please note with all of these groups it’s important to be mutually supportive, respectful and confidential or you may be suspended from the group to protect the well being of others.
Every effort is appreciated, we are in this together, that’s why we are putting a call out for volunteers who would be willing to help those who are socially isolated and vulnerable within our communities. All volunteer tasks will be able to be done without physical contact;
- Collecting medication and dropping off
- Collecting items from the grocery shop or chemist.
- Remote check ins via zoom, txt or phone.
With your help we can offer each other the support we need to get through the coming months. Click on POWA-Connect to get started.
Official advice on Covid19
Can be found by clicking links below
If you are PLHIV in need of assistance over this time please contact us on FB private message, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone Ryan (0431905338) .
If you are able to volunteer or assist in any way please express you interest on FB private message, by email (email@example.com) or by phone Ryan (0431905338)
Let’s work together, to support those most in need! Standing together we can stand strong.